Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sweet Story

This past weekend, Sophie, Noah, and I hit the road and headed to Scottsboro. On the way, I found myself in the sweetest conversation with Sophie. She told me that she had two papas that love her very much. I agreed with her. She then continued by asking me if I had a papa. I explained that I did, but he died several years ago. She asked if I missed him. I told her that I did very much. She said, "Awww...I will help you find him!" I quickly explained that he had died, and he is now living in heaven with Jesus. She went on to tell me that she was going to miss her papa when he went to live with Jesus. I explained that one day she would get to live in heaven with Jesus and her papa also. She asked if she could meet my papa when we all lived there with Jesus one day. She also asked if her daddy and Noah would live in heaven one day with all of us. What a precious moment. I found myself thinking how her faith makes heaven even more real to me. I look forward to the day when I am in heaven with my heavenly father, my papa, and the rest of my loved ones. Wouldn't it all be so much easier if we all had that kind of childlike faith as adults?

No comments:

Post a Comment