I am about to go crazy at the thoughts of updating all the events of Sophie's first three years in order to get "caught up" to the present time. I am beginning to get scared that I will miss posting what is going on from day to day now. I want to take just a minute to update what has happened in our lives over the last year. This is my attempt to get on track and update things as they are actually happening from here on out.
Our lives have changed so much over the last couple of years. Chad and I decided to give Sophie a sibling in December 2007. We started "trying" to get pregnant around her first birthday. Little did we know that the journey ahead would be much more difficult that the conception and pregnancy of Sophie. It took 16 months to get pregnant with baby number two. This time of my life was extremely difficult, and I learned so much from the Lord during this time. God truly used this time to teach me the importance of His timing in my life. After a year of trying to get pregnant, I started some preliminary fertility tests. Everything came back normal. My ob/gyn and I decided that we would wait four more months before starting any type of fertility treatment. Four months later I found myself sitting in the doctor's office waiting to start my first round of fertility shots. As I sat in the room, I had this overwhelming voice telling me not to take the shot. When my doctor came in the room, I told him I didn't think I needed to take the shot that day. He agreed that I needed to listen to whatever reservations I was having. We decided to wait three more months before beginning the shots. Two weeks later, I had a positive pregnancy test in my hands!
My pregnancy with Noah was very different from my pregnancy with Sophie. I was VERY sick with Noah. At 17 weeks pregnant, I found myself at the hospital with severe bleeding and cramping. We discovered that night that I had a condition known as Placenta Previa. The risks associated included hemorrhaging (for me), preterm labor, and miscarriage. The entire pregnancy proved to be extremely exhausting physically and mentally. I did manage to continue working up until the Friday before getting out of school for Christmas holidays. I was 36 weeks pregnant when we got out for Christmas. The plan was for me to go back to work for a week after the Christmas holidays before delivering Noah by C-Section on January 12. Noah had other plans. We took Sophie to the zoo on the night of December 19, 2009 to see the Christmas lights. We came home that night thinking everything was fine. I woke up around 2:00 am Sunday morning. My water had broke. After a very interesting few hours that morning, Noah was born by C-Section on Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 10:01 am. He was 18.5 inches long and 6 lbs. 12 ounces. Noah was four weeks premature. He ended up in the NICU for breathing complications. We spent the next two weeks with him in the hospital NICU. Those two weeks remain the most stressful two weeks of my life. It was so hard to explain to Sophie what was going on with Noah. It broke our hearts to watch Noah stay in the NICU day after day and not be able to take him home with us. However, we did bring him home two weeks later, and our lives will never be the same!
Having Sophie and Noah has been and continues to be the greatest blessing of our lives. Sophie loves her little brother so much. She thinks she is his second mommy! We are so blessed to have our two beautiful, healthy children. We also feel blessed to have the opportunity to experience the joys of having a daughter and a son.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment